These terms and conditions apply to the entire contents of this website under the domain name www.saltersinstitute.org and to any correspondence by email between Us and you.
Please read these terms carefully before using the Website. By accessing and browsing the Website you agree to these terms and conditions without limitation. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must leave this Website immediately. These terms and conditions are issued by the Salters’ Institute (“We/Us/Our”)
1. We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. Any such change will be effective once reflected in the text of these terms and conditions and published on this web page. You should check this Website from time to time to review the current terms and conditions because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these terms and conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this Website.
2. We have exercised every care in the preparation of this Website and endeavour to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, We cannot ultimately warrant the accuracy of this information and cannot be held liable for any use or reliance you may make of or put on it except as specifically agreed with Us in any further agreement We may make with you in writing.
3. Any link (be it a hyperlink or other referral device) used on the Website is provided solely for the use and convenience of the visitor. The link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by Us and does not mean that We have any association with the linked website. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that have links with the Website or for the legal consequences of your entering into any contracts with any third parties that have these linked websites and We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, expense, costs or liability whatsoever incurred by you as a result.
4. We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the Website for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium).
5. Nothing within these conditions operates so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury. Where you deal as a consumer, nothing in the above exclusions affects your statutory rights.
6. Whilst We endeavour to ensure that this Website is normally available 24 hours a day, We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
7. Access to this Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Our control.
8. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would otherwise be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the World; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data)
9. You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
10. We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Us to disclose the identity or locate anyone misusing the Website in breach of paragraph 9.
11. All rights, including copyright and database right, in the content of this Website (including all information, sounds, images and designs, and their selection and arrangement on this Website) are owned by Us or our licensors unless otherwise indicated. You may electronically copy, download and print hard copy selections of the material on this Website solely for your own personal non-commercial home use, provided that any copies so made retain all relevant legal notices and disclaimers. You may not copy or otherwise incorporate into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work any of the content of the Website in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other). You may not frame or link to the Website or any part of it without our express permission.
12. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site, by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within the Website.
13. Except as expressly provided above, nothing contained on this Website should be construed as conferring any license or right to use any trade mark, patent or copyright of Ours or any third party without Our written permission or the written permission any such third party.
14. The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of this agreement shall be governed by English Law, and you and We agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for the determination of disputes.